Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

4 Posts

February 20th, 2020 09:00

P2715Q, blank, nothing happens

Hi, I hope that someone can help me with my beloved Dell P2715Q monitor.
This screen is in an excellent condition (with low mileage - not used much) so I cannot simply accept it's perhaps "broken".

Model: P2715Qt 
Firmware: REV A03
Manufactured date: Apr 2016 

Unplugged from computer, there is no “No Signal” message. 
Plugged into computer also no response.
Thus just a black screen - no logo, no OSD, no menu etc.
I can however see that the screen is definitely on (power light and screen slightly brightens also when I plug into computer). Computer also recognises the screen, but still nothing on screen.
I have tried several cables, cable types and still no luck.
I have tried the various instructions for 'Monitor Reset, Self-Test, Built-in Diagnostic' but no response.

Considering that this screen is in an excellent condition and was not used much, I need to get it working and cannot simply give up on it. I really need this screen now and it is otherwise an amazing screen.
At the moment I had to revert back on another brand screen that is twice the age of this Dell screen.

Kind regards,
Petrus

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

* Disconnect every cable (including the power cable) from the P2715Q
* Press and hold in the P2715Q power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect only the power cable to the P2715Q
* Attempt to run the stand alone P2715Q BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 44.

What happens?

4 Posts

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes I tried this but still nothing.
Just very dimly lid screen...

"3 Press and hold Button 1 and Button 4 on the front panel simultaneously for 2
seconds. A gray screen appears." - even here just nothing happens. Power light is lit and screen is very slightly lit.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2020 10:00

It appears that some internal component has failed. Since we do not disassemble and repair, I have no idea which component.

4 Posts

February 20th, 2020 22:00

I think this started after my wife connected her MacBook once with a DisplayPort cable.
I feel hopeless and cannot accept that it's simply broken considering the low screen-time this screen has done.
You suggest the only way is to take to a repair center? Is there one in South Africa?
Or anything else I can possibly try or component I can check myself? I'm good at electronics in general.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 21st, 2020 06:00

Dell does not repair monitors. This means that we do not provide repair centers for monitors. You would have to seek a local Monitor/TV repair center to see if they can disassemble the monitor and diagnose the defective internal component. Then look for the internal component on 3rd party sites.

4 Posts

February 21st, 2020 07:00

Thanks for the advise Chris.
I read on several other places about people having similar issues unresolved.
Hope I'll get this one resolved. 

P2715Q great monitor and hope to be using it for a longer time.

No Events found!