Highlighted
hellodellpc
Copper

P2715Q monitor, won't wake from sleep from power saving

Sorry, I know this is a re-post but I could not reply to those posts. My P2715Q (still in warranty) is not waking up from sleep. I have Dell and HP machines and after either machine goes to sleep and then wake up, the monitor does not wake up. 

Dell: Windows 7, ATI Radeon, HDMI

HP: Windows 10, NVIDIA GTX 745, mDP (also tried with HDMI)

My Dell U2715HM does NOT have this issue (with either machines). All display drivers are up to date. Monitor has been reset to factory state. 

I have tried calling Dell many times and they checked my Dell machine and settings are okay. The issue is very annoying. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
16 Replies

RE: P2715Q monitor, won't wake from sleep from power saving

What revision (A00, A01, etc.) is your P2715Q?

0 Kudos
hellodellpc
Copper

A00

0 Kudos

Dell Technical Support for your region should setup a used exchange for an A03 revision of the display. A used exchange is the only way to get the A03. For your region, the part number they should order is X24K1.

0 Kudos
hellodellpc
Copper

So i reference this thread when calling?

0 Kudos

Sure. But they should know about it already.

0 Kudos
LANCORP
Silver

I have a P2715Q (A00) on a Dell Venue Pro 11 (7139) same issue...won't wake from sleep without removing power and plugging it back in.  Even turning the monitor off then on doesn't work.

Is there a way to update to A03 ourselves or is A03 a hardware update also?

0 Kudos

We do not have any mechanism in place to allow customers to flash the firmware on this Dell monitor. This is only done in our service centers on New and returned monitors. The only way to get a different revision is via a used monitor exchange.

0 Kudos
omartin2010
Copper

Hi! Chris M, the experience calling support has been to say the least painfull. Is there a number where I can talk to people who actually understand the issue ? No one seem to acknowledge the existence of the A03 hardware revision, and mention problems with the cable (? - problem to wake from sleep, not to make the screen work!), or the Nvidia drivers (not even a nvidia graphics card),... 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
stratust
Copper

I called Dell customer service twice, and they didn't know about the issue, I tried to request a revision A03 but the Dell representative didn't know how to request a specific revision. A the end he replaced my two p2715q monitor rev A01 by Rev A02. Conclusion: I still have the same problem! Dell support for workstations is great but for monitors is terrible, to say the least.

0 Kudos