Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 18th, 2015 17:00

P2715Q monitor, won't wake from sleep from power saving

Sorry, I know this is a re-post but I could not reply to those posts. My P2715Q (still in warranty) is not waking up from sleep. I have Dell and HP machines and after either machine goes to sleep and then wake up, the monitor does not wake up. 

Dell: Windows 7, ATI Radeon, HDMI

HP: Windows 10, NVIDIA GTX 745, mDP (also tried with HDMI)

My Dell U2715HM does NOT have this issue (with either machines). All display drivers are up to date. Monitor has been reset to factory state. 

I have tried calling Dell many times and they checked my Dell machine and settings are okay. The issue is very annoying. Any ideas? 

July 11th, 2017 04:00

I think I may have a solution, although my setup is different from yours.

I have 2 P2715Q monitors connected to a 13" 2015 Macbook Pro, and have been struggling with wake from sleep issues with both monitors randomly over the past 18+ months.  The monitors were connected using DP cables (not daisy chained, each monitor connected to it's own port on the MBP), MST off, resolution 3840x2160 60Hz.  I swapped the DP cables out for mDP cables hoping that might fix the issue, no the issue remained after swapping out the cables.  Whenever waking from sleep, only one monitor would wake, to wake the second monitor I would have to power the monitor off and back on.  This would happen multiple times a day, it was routine.  The issue did not always persist to the same monitor though, I would randomly have to power cycle each monitor.

What finally resolved the issue for me, was to "Reset Energy Settings" on both the monitors.  To do this, open the "Menu" settings on the monitor (click twice on the second button up from the power button).  Then select "Energy" settings and then select "Reset Energy Settings".  If you have dual monitors, do this for each monitor.  

I performed the above action about 3 weeks ago, and since that time I have not once had to power cycle either monitor, both monitors wake from sleep without any issue.  

I hope this information will also help to resolve your issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 18th, 2015 21:00

Dell Technical Support for your region should setup a used exchange for an A03 revision of the display. A used exchange is the only way to get the A03. For your region, the part number they should order is X24K1.

A00

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

What revision (A00, A01, etc.) is your P2715Q?

September 18th, 2015 23:00

So i reference this thread when calling?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 19th, 2015 17:00

Sure. But they should know about it already.

December 19th, 2015 13:00

I have a P2715Q (A00) on a Dell Venue Pro 11 (7139) same issue...won't wake from sleep without removing power and plugging it back in.  Even turning the monitor off then on doesn't work.

Is there a way to update to A03 ourselves or is A03 a hardware update also?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 19th, 2015 16:00

We do not have any mechanism in place to allow customers to flash the firmware on this Dell monitor. This is only done in our service centers on New and returned monitors. The only way to get a different revision is via a used monitor exchange.

April 29th, 2016 10:00

Hi! Chris M, the experience calling support has been to say the least painfull. Is there a number where I can talk to people who actually understand the issue ? No one seem to acknowledge the existence of the A03 hardware revision, and mention problems with the cable (? - problem to wake from sleep, not to make the screen work!), or the Nvidia drivers (not even a nvidia graphics card),... 

Thanks.

1 Message

April 29th, 2016 16:00

I called Dell customer service twice, and they didn't know about the issue, I tried to request a revision A03 but the Dell representative didn't know how to request a specific revision. A the end he replaced my two p2715q monitor rev A01 by Rev A02. Conclusion: I still have the same problem! Dell support for workstations is great but for monitors is terrible, to say the least.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 30th, 2016 05:00

For our notes, please post your computer model and specifications =
Computer model (Laptop, Desktop)
Video card (Discrete, Onboard)
Video card ports tested
Video card driver version
Cabling tested
Operating System

1 Message

May 21st, 2016 10:00

Hi Chris,

Like many others on this forum I've run into this same issue with the P2715Q A01. The monitor will intermittently fail to wake from sleep, and occasionally becomes unresponsive unless I unplug and replug it in.

My experience with Dell tech support line has been frustrating to say the least. They are completely unaware of the issue with the A01. I've sent them this thread, but they will not acknowledge that it is a a known problem with A01. They sent a replacement, but it's also an A01 and has the same problem.

Chris, can I PM you the email address of the rep I'm working with?  I am otherwise not getting anywhere. 

September 8th, 2016 19:00

I am having the same issue. I was sent an A02 but it still has the same issue.

1 Message

October 28th, 2016 11:00

I just got off a 20 minute call with support, and they refused to set up a used exchange for the two A00 firmware monitors I have;  They kept insisting the issue was due to a driver issue on my computer, and refused to refer to check on any information I related regarding the A00 firmware and the wake from sleep issue.  Is there a way to set this up without getting stonewalled by the call center?

2 Posts

February 8th, 2017 09:00

I have 3 A003s and have the same issue, has anyone resolved this? Having issues on my Mac Mini and PC with it coming out of sleep. Also, on my dual monitor windows 10 my windows all move to my default screen.

No Events found!