My P2715Q starts (without the dell logo) and freeze right away. It shows no response no matter which buttons (except the on/off button) I press. I have tried it many times by unplugging and replugging all the cables (including electricity) for a few times.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
How long have you owned the P2715Q? And when did this issue start? Does the P2715Q pass its stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 44.
* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller?
* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port
I bought this monitor in late July 2015. I haven't used this monitor for two months, and I discovered this issue two weeks before. I have tried many suggested solutions but none work.
I cannot even start the test, as none of the buttons (except the on/off button) are responding.
The monitor was bought from a reseller (B&H Photo), and I am the first owner.
I have tried two MacBook Pro (2014 and 2017), both via DP to mDP cable (came with monitor). For the 2017 MBP, an additional mDP to USB-c adaptor (from Apple) is used. In addition, I have also tried connecting to the 2014 MBP via HDMI cable.
Both computers are running Mac OS X 10.12.
As for graphics, the 2014 MBP is with Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce GT 650M while the 2017 MBP is with Intel HD Graphics 630 / Radeon Pro 560.
* Disconnect every cable from the monitor (including the power cable)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 10 seconds
* Reconnect only the power cable to the monitor
* Press and hold Button 1 Preset Modes and Button 4 Exit on the front panel simultaneously for two seconds. A gray screen should appear. If it does, this means that the Built-in Diagnostics is running. Press Button 4 to see other colors. If the gray screen did not appear, the monitor is defective. See this