kpkeller
1 Copper

RE: P2715Q, sometimes cannot wake up from power saving mode.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my P2715Q as well and it's happening with my Mac OS X Yosemite setup.

0 Kudos
harribo666
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi kpkeller

did you mange to get this fixed in your Mac OS X Yosemite setup?

0 Kudos
klkop
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm currently experiencing the same issue. Bought a DELL P2715Q monitor because my XPS 13 was having resizing issues on external monitor that was not 4k. Then I found out that the docking station (D3100) sold on the website does not support 4k @60Hz, so bought a seperate mDP to mDP cable to connect my XPS 13 and P2715Q directly. This finally works, but now I cannot use my P2715Q as main monitor anymore....everytime I lock windows the P2715Q monitor goes into power save mode after just one or two minutes. When I wake up the screen again and log-in all apps that were open on my laptop screen have been scrammbled and are on my P2715Q!! Apparently the power save mode causes Windows 10 to believe that there is only one monitor left. Browsed the internet but cannot find an option to disable the power save mode on the P2715Q. This used to work when I was using the D3100 docking station at 30Hz. Does anyone has a solution for this issue?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

"I have forced a file EDID in my Quadro driver"

Can you expand on how you did this?

0 Kudos
kellerdell
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Were you able to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Branchus
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi

Although I forced a EDID file, but the monitor still had issues to wake up. I contacted Dell support, they sent me a used replacement, Rev A01 (same as my original one), the replacement was even worse.

Then they did a remote diagnose and confirmed this was a common issue for Dell P2715Q A01, and in order to get this sorted, I need a Rev A03 version. 

After I get the A03, the issue solved

so the only solution here is to get at least A03 revision monitor

Hope it helps

Jump to solution

Dell Technical Support must send out the specific part number for your region to get the A03 =

32R1F or  X24K1 = Americas
V48W2 or  V7WP9 = Europe, Middle East, Asia
GVDF8 = Australia, New Zealand
1NVGX = Asia Pacific

0 Kudos
ublac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

After spending 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell tech support and showing him all the threads to the problems with Rev A01 in addition to the one I'm having, he still said that it works ok and wouldn't admit there is a problem.

What should I do?

0 Kudos