I just purchased a new XPS 8920. This was after Dell exchanged four, I said four monitors and two towers. The P2717H cannot be detected with either the HDMI or the DP cable. This is pretty exhausting.
Solved! Go to Solution.
My apologies for all of the issues. For us to help troubleshoot, we need some data. Click my name and private message me the XPS 8920 service tag number.
I'm not very savvy but I'll try my best to give you info. The computer is a XPS 8920. My husband says it's a regular video card? Don't know if the video card means the same as a graphics card, then the graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 graphics memory. Running Windows 10.
GeForce GTX 1060 video out ports =
DVI-D DL/HDMI 2.0/DP 1.3/DP 1.3/DP 1.3
P2717H video in ports =
HDMI, DP, VGA (maximum resolution is 1920x1080 so no difference in using HDMI or DP)
* Turn the XPS 8920 and the P2717H off
* Disconnect all video cables from the P2717H
* Look at the picture below of the rear of the XPS 8920. The P2717H must be connected to the added video card in slot 2/3/4. Not to the onboard DP/HDMI ports in section 1 =
* Connect like this =
XPS 8920 GeForce GTX 1060 DP out port --> P2717H DP to DP cable --> P2717H DP in port
* Turn the P2717H on, then the XPS 8920
* Press the P2717H second from left Input Source button
* Check DP
* Exit the Menu