Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

5 Posts

May 11th, 2018 02:00

P2717H, unable to connect via HDMI cable

Hi

I am trying to connect my monitor P2717H via HDMI. But "No HDMI signal from your device" appears on screen (either Auto or HDMI source). Checked with two different laptops (Dell and Asus). HDMI cable works fine with TV + laptop, so it shouldn't cause a problem. Will be appreciated for any help.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 11th, 2018 16:00

* Turn the Dell laptop and P2717H off
* Disconnect the HDMI cable from the Dell laptop
* Disconnect the HDMI cable and power cable from the P2717H
* Press and hold in the P2717H power button for 10 seconds

* Connect only the power cable to the P2717H
* Turn the P2717H on and run BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 55-56. If it passes, turn the P2717H off

* Open the Dell laptop lid
* Turn the Dell laptop on and get all the way into Windows
* Connect the HDMI cable to the P2717H HDMI in port, then to the Dell laptop HDMI out port
* Turn the P2717H on
* Press the 2nd from left P2717H Input Source button, check HDMI

* Go to the Windows operating system Display Settings and enable, then extend the Windows desktop to the P2717H

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

May 11th, 2018 03:00

Hi kabazakra, 

It could be a fault with the hdmi port on the monitor that is causing is. Can you help me out with a few details please -

a) Has the monitor previously worked correctly over HDMI up until this point?
b) Have you tried another HDMI cable to rule that out? 
c) Have you tried a factory reset from the "others" menu within the main menu options?

Alan

5 Posts

May 11th, 2018 04:00

Hi, Alan D

a) Has the monitor previously worked correctly over HDMI up until this point? - This is first run. Just bought it. 
b) Have you tried another HDMI cable to rule that out? - No, but cable works with another monitor
c) Have you tried a factory reset from the "others" menu within the main menu options? - How to do this? I try to press buttons on the panel but any button shows the same  - Input source selection menu in the right bottom corner

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

May 11th, 2018 06:00

Here's the link to the service manual for the monitor - Page 34 explains how to navigate through the on screen menus.

Do you have another HDMI cable that you can try?

Alan

5 Posts

May 11th, 2018 11:00

Well, I understand how to navigate, but  as I said, doesn't matter which button to press, I see only input sources menu and it seems to be very strange. Is there a way to reset settings or something without the menu? Maybe some magic key combination can bring my Dell monitor to life

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Re: P2717H, unable to connect via HDMI cable

5 Posts

May 11th, 2018 11:00

Well, I understand how to navigate, but  as I said, doesn't matter which button to press, I see only input sources menu and it seems to be very strange. Is there a way to reset settings or something without the menu? Maybe some magic key combination can bring my Dell monitor to life

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 11th, 2018 16:00

* Turn the Dell laptop and P2717H off
* Disconnect the HDMI cable from the Dell laptop
* Disconnect the HDMI cable and power cable from the P2717H
* Press and hold in the P2717H power button for 10 seconds

* Connect only the power cable to the P2717H
* Turn the P2717H on and run BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 55-56. If it passes, turn the P2717H off

* Open the Dell laptop lid
* Turn the Dell laptop on and get all the way into Windows
* Connect the HDMI cable to the P2717H HDMI in port, then to the Dell laptop HDMI out port
* Turn the P2717H on
* Press the 2nd from left P2717H Input Source button, check HDMI

* Go to the Windows operating system Display Settings and enable, then extend the Windows desktop to the P2717H

How to Fix Monitor Issues

If still under the purchased warranty, click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Re: P2717H, unable to connect via HDMI cable

5 Posts

May 12th, 2018 23:00

Hi, 

Now it works. Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

May 14th, 2018 01:00

That's great to hear the solution Chris provided resolved the issue for you.

Alan

No Events found!