Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2017 19:00

Please Help with U2417H Monitor connection

I'm trying to connect this monitor (U2417H) and keep getting - NO SIGNAL - What cable do you use to connect via USB.  The monitor came with: 

Ports and Slots:
1. AC power | 2. HDMI/MHL | 3. DisplayPort (in) | 4. Mini DisplayPort | 5. DisplayPort (out) | 6. Audio line (out) | 7. USB upstream | 8. USB downstream

Cables included:
1. Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable (1.8m)
2. USB 3.0 Upstream cable (1.8m)

The 3 Dell computers I have do not have any DP port just USB. What in the world am I doing wrong??? Or do I need to buy a cable or USB adapter?

Thanks

• 

16.6K Posts

January 13th, 2017 10:00

mickyparise,

Click to donwload the user manual. The manual will proivide information for connecting your monitor.

Dell U2417H Users Guide

http://dell.to/2jscWhd

January 13th, 2017 18:00

Read that user manual over and over and still the same. So today, I brought a HDMI cable and VIOLA it worked like a charm! So the cables that came with the monitor didn't work. Lesson learned!

10 Posts

January 13th, 2017 22:00

Micky - Glad you got your monitor going! I too had problems in that my Dell computer does not have a DP Port either. I ended up going the HDMI route also. The Quick setup sheet that comes with the monitor leaves a lot to be desired and from a new setup point of view, the downloaded user manual isn't that helpful either! Once you have determined that the HDMI is the way to go, you still have to go into settings to choose the HDMI input. It would be nice if Dell included this piece of info on their quick setup instructions!

Anyway, we are both up and running! Enjoy! - Rick

January 14th, 2017 05:00

Thanks Rick! Have a good one!

February 8th, 2017 18:00

Are you positive you don't have a HDMI port on the computer. What model number are the computers?

No Events found!