Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2012 22:00

Possible to use DDC/CI of U2412M on OS X Lion? (connected through MiniDP - DP cable)

Hello.

I bought a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable and connected my Macbook (GeForce 320M) and Dell u2412m with it.

I do not know much of DDC/CI, but I expected I would be able to control the brightness by software. Nothing is working. I looked into the CD but it only has Windows versions of softwares (by the way I booted up with bootcamp Windows, installed the PowerNap, but it did not work anyway).

Is it possible to use DDC/CI on OS X Lion? How can I be sure that my display's DDC/CI is working? Of course I enabled it in the OSD but maybe it is out of order?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 21st, 2012 11:00

I wish I could help but we do not test Dell monitors with apple platforms. We do not have any apple product in our labs. You should check the apple Discussions Forum for help from other apple users with our products.

discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

1 Message

April 21st, 2012 12:00

Why don't you test Dell peripherals with Apple Products, particularly your monitors - you are missing a trick as your monitors are great and way cheaper than the competition but I cannot get the card reader to work with my mac pro - which is  a shame - come on Dell take a bite out of the apple....

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 21st, 2012 18:00

That is just a portion of the market we decided to not venture into. Just like us, apple has proprietary hardware. It would cost us too much in buying product, testing, and validation. Plus, we have to think of our relationship with our partners.

1 Message

September 13th, 2012 04:00

First of all, I love the u2412M!!! However I think you should listen to your customers.. I would love to see brightness control as well.. Make your products work nicely witha Apple please.. Lots of people I know like the U2412m but shy away from it because of that reason.. 

Thanks,

Karl

No Events found!