Highlighted
GChuzi
1 Copper

Reinstalling gthe E173fp

I had to reinstall XP on my 4700, but I can't reinstall the E173fp driver.  Using the Dell directions, I navigate to Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Monitor, but the "Properties" button is grayed out.  In the Device Manager, I try to update the driver on the Video Controller, but Windows says it can't find an "inf" file on the CD, even though I can see it plainly enough.  I tried to download a new driver from Dell's website, but the same results.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Reinstalling gthe E173fp

Monitors don't really need drivers--just the software to work the buttons. What you might be asking about is the video card drivers. Perhaps you have not installed all the xp drivers in the correct order. You need to install the Chipset and the Desktop System Software (under System Utilities) first before all the other drivers. All your drivers and the chipset and desktop software are available at your download page at Dell Support. Not everything listed there is for your configuration, so you need to know what hardware is installed. Check the Hardware Device Manager to find out.

0 Kudos
GChuzi
1 Copper

Mary, thanks for the response.  It never occurred to me that I should be dealing with the video card rather than the monitor.  Aren't the drivers for the Chipset, desktop, and video card on a disk that Dell sends with the machine?  I've got a disk for the CD/DVD drive.  Would that have the video drivers?  I know Dell used to send out the drivers with the computer; are these now only available on-line?

George

0 Kudos
niam360
1 Copper

hiii im having this problem i need help asap. if u can help me step by step that would be great

0 Kudos