Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2003 17:00

Rotate monitor image

Have Dell 1703FP monitor which ios capeable of rotating. 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card that supports rotation. I cannot find anythin in the ATI control panel to rotate image. How do you do it.

Thanks in advance

Dave_theman

1K Posts

July 23rd, 2003 21:00

I'm not sure now, but if you have the latest Dell Rotate Driver (Dell file R61079.EXE) installed , Go to your display properties, Settings,  Advanced, and click on the (ATI) Displays tab. Then click on the enabled monitor button, which will bring up the monitor attributes or Properties. I think your option to rotate should be there. Correct me if I guessed wrong.

http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&Category=6&OS=WW1&OSL=EN&SvcTag=&SysID=DIM_PNT_P4_XPS&DeviceID=4462&Type=&ReleaseID=R61079

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

July 24th, 2003 06:00

sort of looks like the pivot software is included in the video card driver. odd.

my viewsonic vp171b 17 inch lcd came with a software disk-pivot software. i pop in the cdrom, it starts, click start, and takes about 1 minute. when i open micorsoft explorer, my monitor pivot options are shown.

July 24th, 2003 12:00

Problem solved, had to download latest driver for video card. It is not installed by dell at factory.

Thanks for help

Dave_theman

385 Posts

July 24th, 2003 13:00

I just wanted to add… the “Omega” Radeon Drivers usually contain the ability to rotate the display, also (as shown in “this thread”).

The Omega Radeon drivers that I use (Cat. 3.4… haven’t tried the latest drivers, yet) also have the best “Image Quality” for my system… compared to the other Radeon Drivers.

If you’re interested, the Omega drivers download page is “here”).

Aloha,
Rod

2 Posts

October 6th, 2003 22:00

I tried to update video driver to be able to use rotation of monitor (1703FPt). On installing, got the MS XP warning that the software had "not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP." 

[Release Title:  Video: ATI 128MB DDR RADEON 9800, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Dimension 4600, 8300 / 8300N, XPS, v.7.86-030330a-008623E-Dell.4_Rotation, A04     Release Date:  6/4/2003]

I aborted the install.  Should I expect to encounter problems with XP if I install it? 

I sent the query to Dell tech support, but I'm not satisfied with the answer:

"The issue which you are facing can occur because there are certain files of the operating system which are corrupted. Windows XP has an option of repairing the operating system. This option should be used when you have determined that the operating system files are corrupt, but you do not want to completely format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

I would request you to go to the link below and do a repair reinstall of Windows XP."

I'm not having any problems at all, the system has been in use only a week or two, don't want to invite disaster.

October 7th, 2003 13:00

tech-woman,

tech-woman,

tech-woman,

I installed the driver even tho I got the same warning message as you. I use the rotation feature about twice a week in Word and have not encountered any problems (yet). I don't know about tech support answer, as my machine was only used about three days when I installed the driver.

Hope this helps,

Dave_theman

1 Message

November 20th, 2003 10:00

Hi All,

pls, can anybody tell me what video card i need to have to use the rotating functionality???

Thnx

2 Posts

November 20th, 2003 11:00

If you go to Dell's site and search on the word "video" and "rotation" you'll get a listing of 21 Radeon and nVidia items under Downloads.

BTW, I have 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800, and have had no problems since installing the new driver. I assigned hotkeys to the rotation feature so I can pivot the display without having to go into display properties. Awesome feature -- fantastic in the word processor, but some things (e.g. web browsing) are slower in the portrait mode.

No Events found!