Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2014 10:00

S2240T Touch Screen Monitor and Windows 8.1

I bought a S2240T monitor to use as a touch screen with an Alienware X51 R2 (Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Ti 2GB graphics card), running Windows 8.1. It works, just about. I can tap furiously several times before it will respond, and it often just doesn't respond at all. I use an HDMI cable, everything is connected properly, and the Device Manager shows the monitor as a HDMI compliant touch device. Is it just that this monitor isn't really Windows 8.1 compatible? This isn't meant as a criticism of either Dell or Microsoft, the monitor is actually a great display, I just want to know if I bought the wrong type of touch screen monitor for Windows 8,1, or is it supposed to work better than this?

Quick update: I've recalibrated the touch controls and adjusted the settings for a lighter shorter touch. It now works much better on the left half of my screen only. The right hand half of the screen is totally non-responsive to touch. Is it Windows 8.1 non compatibility or is it just a defective monitor? It is very odd, since touch now works very well on half the screen!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 19th, 2014 14:00

Sounds faulty.

* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions"

Yes, the USB is connected from port on screen to port on computer. Touchscreen works really well on left half of screen but not at all on right half. Very odd. It must be a faulty screen? (I bought it second hand).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Per the S2240T User's Guide pages 6 and 9, did you first connect the USB upstream cable from the bottom of the S2240T to a USB port on the rear of the computer?

No Events found!