Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2013 03:00

S2340L green hue on right side of monitor

http://i.imgur.com/ZjZIfpy.jpg

Only about 5 months old and this happened.

I am also trying to contact technical or customer support but 23" monitors don't come with Service Tags so apparently I am not allowed to contact support about this even through phone (because the automated system AGAIN asks me for a Service Tag that Dell somehow thought was a good idea not to give to 23" monitors).

After reading the FAQ which tells me to ask Order Support for it, I have to fill in a form asking for my Customer Number (which I don't have as the monitor came together with a prebuilt PC). So all in all, I am barred from every single branch of Support except the forums despite being a customer, having the serial number, order number and proof of purchase (cut out from the box given to me by the seller).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 9th, 2013 11:00

jayc2,

Only the 27" and larger monitors get a service tag number.

The serial number is not tied to any Dell Order or Customer number.

It sounds like you are saying that the seller was not Dell. Is that correct?

Are you saying that there is a Dell Order number on the cut out of box?

2 Posts

November 9th, 2013 20:00

Yes, the seller was not Dell. It was from a made-to-order PC builder.

Yes, there is a Dell Order Number on the cut out sticker, along with the Customer PO, address, date, product specifications and other information.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 10th, 2013 11:00

Get from the seller the following information =
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

Once you have his data, contact Dell Singapore Order Support via phone. Just press 0 to get to a person. Give them the sellers data and monitor order number. They will look up the Dell order number to see when the monitor warranty started and ends. Tell them you bought the monitor from the seller.

No Events found!