Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 16:00

S2340M right side issues

Purchased a new S2340M in January to use as a second monitor. Have recently noticed that the right side of the monitor appears darker, has a warmer color tone, is more blurry than the left, has the appearance of horizontal lines from top to bottom (most apparent when text is open in a window on the right side), and looks to have a dark smudge in the lower right corner. Are these issues normal, and should I expect replacements to exhibit similar symptoms? I bought this because of purported Dell quality. I know it's not an Ultrasharp, but expected a little more than this.

12 Posts

April 13th, 2013 17:00

Have performed self-test and numerous resets, changed cable and tested another monitor in second position. Issues persist. Have also tried on-board LCD conditioning with no changes.

12 Posts

April 23rd, 2013 22:00

Now I'm starting to have image retention issues after leaving this monitor on unattended for 30-minutes spans. This is unacceptable from a 3 month old monitor. Does anyone have any ideas or words of advice?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 24th, 2013 13:00

mhblackburn,

Post some pictures of the issues. Also, test it as the primary monitor by itself.

3 Posts

April 29th, 2013 20:00

I'm having the same problem. The monitor was working fine for about a month then this discoloration started. I tried different cables and computers, so it's a problem with the monitor. Attached is a photo showing the defect on the self test gray screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Message

May 1st, 2013 08:00

This is already a known issue....

en.community.dell.com/.../19499593.aspx

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 1st, 2013 10:00

pakman128,

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor except the power cord
* Turn the monitor on
* A floating box should appear onscreen
* Looking at the monitor buttons top to bottom, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 down for two seconds
* An all Gray screen appears. Do you see the issue?
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Red. Do you see the issue?
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Green. Do you see the issue?
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Blue. Do you see the issue?
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Black. Do you see the issue?
* Press button 4. The screen changes to White. Do you see the issue?
* To exit the test, press button 4

3 Posts

May 1st, 2013 11:00

Yes, the problem happens with all cables disconnected on the self test as indicated in the photo above. It sounds like a hardware problem. Please let me know how to proceed to begin the warranty process. Thank you.

3 Posts

May 1st, 2013 11:00

Thanks. I missed that thread.

12 Posts

May 2nd, 2013 08:00

It does not work under Safari.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

To post a picture, you must click "Use rich formatting" rather then just clicking the Reply button. Then click the Insert Image icon in the blue taskbar.

The instructions on how to initiate a monitor exchange are in the Dell Monitor Warranties announcement at the top of this Forum. Read the section, "Direct from Dell Monitor Purchase".

12 Posts

Your site will not let me post pics - button is dead. Can email pics of the issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

I am using IE9. Works here. I clicked the Insert image icon, clicked Browse, clicked the jpeg, clicked Insert.

12 Posts

I'm aware of that. After clicking on Use rich formatting, and clicking the button to insert a picture, the button to choose a file is dead.

12 Posts

Sorry I have taken this long to repost. I have been away. I have tested as the primary monitor with continued issue. LCD conditioning fixed the image retention that occurred, but the other problem persists. It temporarily went away yesterday, but returned last night.

12 Posts

May 2nd, 2013 09:00

Sorry. Had to go download and install a browser that is compatible with your site.

No Events found!