Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2013 16:00

S2340T - Touch Interface Issues

We just received the new Dell XPS 18 and purchased the S2340T Multi-Touch monitors to go with them for secondary displays. We are experiencing an issue where the monitor disables touchscreen on the tablet (extended display). Also, if you swipe to open the start menu it shows up on the secondary display rather than the one you are using, yet the taskbar is mirrored across displays. 

How do we get the touch interface to work correctly on the display you are using rather than messing up another display? 

Additionally, if using the S2340T with a Win7 computer and you touch the display it will actually select and deselect on the primary monitor.

Thanks!

1 Message

September 12th, 2013 19:00

Hi KD7CAO,

Not sure if you have already solved:

"How do we get the touch interface to work correctly on the display you are using rather than messing up another display? "

This was driving me nuts too and wasted days trying to find a solution.

Anyway (after no help from Dell support - please note this simple solution Tech guys and Gals for future enquiries):

I am running win7 so it may be different for win8, but I am sure the fix will be similar.

The fix is done in windows - not within the dell software.

In - Tablet PC Settings.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Type: Tablet PC Settings in the search window then select it. (It won’t appear if no touchscreen connected)

3. Select the touch screen from the display tab, then select the set-up button

4. Text will appear on your main screen. Just keep hitting enter until the text is on the desired touch screen.

5. Touch that screen. Done!

Finally I am enjoying the screen.

Cheers,

DC

July 18th, 2013 00:00

Hi KD7CAO,

It is unfortunate that the display settings seems to be not working fine on your XPS 18 computer.

I’d suggest you to please click on the link below which contains steps to re-configure the display settings on your XPS 18 computer.

http://dell.to/18mci9u

Do reply us back with the findings.

No Events found!