I have a monitor which is less than a month old, the S2340T and it seemed to go into screen saver mode and then it went blank. When I moved my mouse the screen was flickering. I re-booted and it flickered even on the BIOS boot up screen which means it is a hardware and not Windows OS issue. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, on/off. I am getting sea sick typing this note because of the flickering.
Does the flicker occur when running the S2340T stand alone diagnostics?
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor except the power cord
* Looking at the monitor buttons top to bottom, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 down for two seconds
* An all Gray screen appears
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Red
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Green
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Blue
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Black
* Press button 4. The screen changes to White
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Text
* Press button 4 to exit the test
Thank you for your note. I called Technical support and they are sending me a new monitor. It is 30 days old so I just hit the deadline for new rather than refurbished and it will arrive Monday. I would check as you asked but I already boxed it and have it ready to ship back.
One thing I noticed, though, was that I had a web browser open when it just went blank and then returned to the flickering phase, I could see the web browser page in the background as ghosting. The best I could describe the flickering is as sometimes when florescent lights are going bad, they will flicker at a high rate. It was more of a strobing effect than an actual flicker. Sorry, I just thought of that as I am typing this note.
You had helped me before with my SX2210T and the assistance was much appreciated. I wore that monitor our as the touch screen does not work well any longer.
I like the new monitor (sans the recent problem) because of the docking station like features.