Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

June 30th, 2018 16:00

S2340T, pink coloration on left side

I've had two S2340T for quite a while. In the last few weeks, one of them has developed a pink shade on the leftmost edge, probably about two or three inches wide. The resolution in this area is also, grainier, for lack of a better term. I've done resets and put the monitor in test mode, the pink is visible on the grey and white test screens. The only other reference I've found to this issue was an individual with the exact symptoms who was advised to send it in for repair/replacement. But I can't find out warranty info, because the web site requires a service tag and these monitors have none.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

July 1st, 2018 09:00

How old is the monitor? If over a year old and out of warranty there is no support available. Monitors cannot be fixed. They are just replaced if still under warranty. 

Here's a Dell support article-- https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln130763/how-to-troubleshoot-display-or-video-issues-on-a-dell-monitor?lang=en

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2018 07:00

Good link provided by Mary G. The S2340T released in 2013, so the warranty is most likely ended. If purchased from Dell, you should have a Dell invoice with your Dell order number? Using that, we could find the order date and check the warranty end date. If not purchased directly from Dell, we would go by the date code embedded in the monitor 20 digit S/N.

No Events found!