Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2009 17:00

S2409W DVI issue

Hi guys,

I just bought a monitor yesterday and was really excited to use it. Unfortunately, I couldnt use it with DVI. VGA is fine. I updated my graphics card driver, rebooted only with DVI cable removing the VGA, power off the monitor, waited few minutes, switched on again... still no way. Please help guys. I'm using Windows 7 64bit, 7600GT graphics. Please provide me some detailed troubleshooting as I am a newbie . Cheers guys.....

Robin

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 16th, 2009 09:00

robinvarghese11,

Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose DVI-D.

June 17th, 2009 02:00

robinvarghese11,

Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose DVI-D.

Done that earlier but of no use. I called the service with the number that you gave me. They asked me to do a factory reset and call back. Since I am working now I can do that only at night. One of my friends sais its because my graphics card is DVI-I and the monitor is DVI-D.. Could that be a issue? So it should change if I buy a convertor right. I am trying to see if I can buy a convertor and see its ok.

Regards,

Robin

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 17th, 2009 07:00

The S2409W has a DVI-I port, not a DVI-D port. I am now wondering if Windows 7 requires a monitor driver? How is the monitor listed in the device manager?

June 17th, 2009 19:00

Ok. Because some online forums were discussing this issue and they said s2409w has a dvi-d port. anyway, the monitor was detected as generic non-pnp.. then I installed the vista driver.. using the digital one. then monitor status became s2409w(digital). Still not resolved. I restarted as you had suggested in some other topic. Now when I open device manager today morning and scan for hardware changes it changed back to generic non-pnp monitor. Although there is a change now as I can get 1920x1080 resolution in the vga. guess I made some progress... :emotion-1:

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 18th, 2009 06:00

You could try this Vista driver and see if Windows 7 will use it.

June 18th, 2009 09:00

I have already installed this driver. And with this driver I can use 1920x1080. But without the driver max is 1600x1200... But no DVI.... I guess I have done all I can....

No Events found!