Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

February 9th, 2018 06:00

S2417DG, AMD R9 390, DP issue

So I got my new monitor from S2417DG, and while I was doing the setup I noticed that only the HDMI input seemed to work properly because when I try to use the display port option i get my desktop image and the windows 10 taskbar on the bottom of the screen but I can´t interact with the system at all, or very minimally. The desktop icons do not show up and I can´t even access the task manager screen (ctrl + alt + del) because when I do it the screen just goes black.

The monitor seems to be working perfectly fine on HDMI mode, but I can´t use the high refresh rates on that mode so I would realy like to know if anyone has any idea of what it's causing this issue?

Notice that for the time being I'm using an AMD graphics card (R9 390) but I was told that it should work fine except for the g-sync part obviously, but since I'm going to change my graphics card soon I decided to buy this monitor and later buy the other GPU. Other stuff that might be important is that I'm running an intel i5-6600k (OC 4.6 ghz), I have an Asus maximus VIII motherboard, DDR4 ram and windows 10 (64 bits).

I already installed the monitor drivers via the CD that came with the monitor, I installed the most recent drivers for my graphics card and the display port input is running on 2560x1440p, 60hz, the image is displayed in full screen but, as I said, I can´t interact with anything on my system while in display port mode (except the on screen display monitor settings, those work), so it only works when i use the HDMI input.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2018 07:00

Apologies for missing this post. Did you ever get the S2417DG DP to function at 2560x1440 60Hz with that AMD R9 390?

6 Posts

February 24th, 2018 13:00

Oh I'm sorry I just noticed that you answered the other post. This was the first one I created but then things changed and I worked on 144hz at 1440p, but not the overclock, thats why I created the other thread.

Anyway, you told me that I should get my AMD graphics card replaced by an Nvidia one, but do you recommend me any graphics card series in specific that will surely make the overclock feature work? Only the Pascal series will work or Maxwell aswell?

I knew that some Nvidia features like the G-sync and ULMB would not work on my graphics card since it is AMD, but I never heard that having a G-sync monitor with the Overclock function would not work with AMD graphics cards aswell, so that's new for me. Anyway I'll see if I can test another GPU on this computer and check if I'm able to Overclock the monitor with an Nvidia GPU instead.

Thank you for you support and I'll see what I can do. If somehow even with the Nvidia GPU the overclock feature does not work what do you recommend me to do?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

You should contact AMD Support directly and ask if they have tested their video cards and drivers on the S2417DG overclocked 165Hz. I know we have not as I mentioned in your other post. We only validated the Nvidia.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

6 Posts

Hello, the situation is a bit different now. So first of all the monitor is currently working on 2560x1440p at 144hz. The problem is that I'm not able to overclock it. I tried to use the OSD setting and it currently says that the overclocking is "enabled" and the overclock refresh rate is set to 165hz, but it's not actually working because on the bottom of the OSD it says "Resolution: 2560x1440, 144hz Normal Mode" and I do not have the 165hz option on my windows monitor settings tab, it only goes up to 144hz.

I'm still using my MSI R9 390 (AMD), and some local stores that deal with computers told me that maybe my graphics card was not able to display 1440p at 165hz, nobody realy knows... others told me that maybe it's the display port cable that is faulty but so far I haven´t had any problems on the 144hz setting, it's just that no matter what I do I can´t seem to use the overclock feature.

6 Posts

February 24th, 2018 14:00

I mean I assume that the Pascal series will also work right? Have you not tested the monitor with the Pascal series?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 25th, 2018 06:00

Sorry, if you mean the recent Pascal GeForce 10 series (1050/1060/1070/1080/Titan X), yes, they will work. That list is older. Still looking for a recent list.

No Events found!