Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2017 12:00

S2417DG, DP issues, hard reset it

My PC is a custom built with a i5 4690K, and a GTX 970.

I had the S2417DG plugged in via Displayport for a little over a month and then I attempted to use the overclock utility on the monitor to have it run at 165hz. After disabling the overclock, as the 165hz was not displaying, the displayport in the monitor has ceased to function. I have tried the following things:

• Factory reset the monitor
  • Reset (under display in the OSD)
  • Different Displayport cable
  • Reinstalling the nVidia drivers
  • Reinstalling the Dell drivers

I have confirmed that the panel in the monitor works via hdmi (which only supports 60hz and as such is not a solution). I have also confirmed that the displayport on the 970 and the cable used works with a different monitor, which leaves the displayport in the S2417DG as the only "link" in the chain not working.

Any ideas?

January 19th, 2017 20:00

Basically what happened for me is that I was thinking that I had hard reset it (30 seconds with power unplugged and pressing power button). I ended up just doing that, but for longer, nearing 40+ seconds. That successfully hard reset the monitor and allowed the displayport connection to actually feed the display

January 11th, 2017 11:00

It is worth noting that connected via Displayport, the nVidia drivers recognize that a G-sync capable display is connected, but it can not for some reason enable the display

532 Posts

January 11th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community. The overclock feature is not used all the time in the monitor, it is used when the monitor is not performing up to the mark. We do not recommend the same. However, please share the service tag and your email address via private message, so that we can check for more details. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2018 10:00

I had the same issue after changing some settings on the monitor. This fixed it for me. Thanks!

No Events found!