Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

April 1st, 2018 05:00

S2417DG loses settings, flashes rgb

My S2417DG (manuf. August 2017) has magically started flashing RGB whenever the power is off for no real particular reason. This just happened out of nowhere.

I have to re-enable fast mode every time I wake up my machine and if my machine goes to sleep, I can't stop it from just blasting the room with RGB.

I can disable the burn in, etc, but it makes no difference as any power off resets all of that.

I've attempted all the types of hard resetting but I cannot stop it from going into technician mode (I believe it's called) on every reboot.

What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
CN-0YNY1D-QDC00-78P-0F3U-A02
* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
MSI GT73VR Titan 4k Pro
* What video card/GPU is in the computer?
GTX 1080
* What video out ports are on the video card/GPU or computer?
DP/TB/HDMI/MDP
* List all monitor cabling attached to the computer and the ports they are using
DP
* What Windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off
High
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed?
2560x1440 144hz

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 1st, 2018 11:00

* Purchased directly from Dell?
* Are you sure that Windows or Nvidia did NOT push a driver update on the computer immediately prior to the issue?
* Back the Hz down to 60. Then reboot the computer. Does the issue still happen?

4 Posts

April 1st, 2018 14:00

Purchased from Amazon

No new driver updates recently

60hz doesn't seem to make any difference - any restart causes the factory burn-in and menu to turn on.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 2nd, 2018 05:00

An A02 built on August 25, 2017. We cannot guarantee that the retailer/reseller is shipping you a monitor that has not already been returned to them multiple times. Nor will they tell you that they had done this. The monitor sits in their warehouse getting old. Before too long, they have older revisions which is your case. The A04 was released in December 2017. Any exchange through Dell for a retailer/reseller sold monitor will be based on the build date (August 25, 2017) in the 20 digit S/N number. So the replacement will be R/U (refurbished/used). Per Dell policy, a R/U monitor could have any or all of the following and still be acceptable by Dell policy =
- Cosmetic blemishes on the monitor plastics or any part of the bezel
- Less than 6 stuck dark pixel

No Events found!