Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

November 24th, 2020 10:00

S2417DG, stuck in Power Save Mode

Hey all! I was looking for a decently priced monitor that was G-Synced that I found new on Ebay. (S2417DG) Thought I was all set and dismayed to find this wide spread issue of being stuck in Power Save Mode. Was looking thru some of the old threads with Chris the Dell guy, but really didn't find a definitive answer. Its a nice looking monitor, and Im kind of in disbelief I may have to return it for this reason as I currently have no answer how to fix it. Everyone seems to be in agreement that you have to disable the Power Save Mode, but the question is, how do you get to the menu to do so? It's like a vicious cycle. Very frustrated that this bug or whatever it is wasn't noticed when this model came out, because ALOT of people seem to have the same issue. (I did try to reboot and and the Dell logo comes up, albeit briefly and than back to Power Save Mode.

Thank you for any replies (desperate!) PS I did try the reboot with the DP cable that came with the Dell-that did not work. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 24th, 2020 11:00

What is the non-private 20 digit serial number and A0x revision?

Does the stand alone Built-in Diagnostic run? (page 40)

Second, if the BID ran, continue...
* Turn the PC off
* Turn the S2417DG off
* Disconnect every cable (including power cable) from the S2417DG
* Press and hold the S2417DG power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the S2417DG
* Connect the supplied DP to DP cable and USB 3.0 upstream cable =
Nvidia DP out port --> S2417DG DP to DP cable --> S2417DG DP in port
PC USB 3.0 port --> S2417DG USB 3.0 upstream cable --> S2417DG USB 3.0 upstream port

* Turn the S2417DG on, then the PC on
* At this point, you should see the Windows desktop and the S2417DG should be running at 60Hz

No Events found!