* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> S2417DG DP to DP cable --> S2417DG DP in port
Computer USB port --> S2417DG USB upstream cable --> S2417DG USB upstream port
* Do you see the lines when running the stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 40?
DVI, 4 HDMI and a DP port.
Windows 10 build 1709
"Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> S2417DG DP to DP cable --> S2417DG DP in port
Computer USB port --> S2417DG USB upstream cable --> S2417DG USB upstream port" - that
did see some very small lines that are almost unnoticeable but only on the red screen.
in this very moment after being off for the night and after I disconnected the cables and held the power button for maybe 50 seconds it disappeared - but I fear there might be something not right within the monitor and after several hours of use the problem will appear once again.
I failed to mention that the lines mostly appeared on the top part of the screen and moved to any non full screen windows like pictures.
EDIT: appeared again, I think it might me image retention..
EDIT 2: Letting the PC and monitor power down temporarily solves the problem - I get the lines after I leave the monitor on and it shows static desktop.
You should be using a screensaver after 3 minutes of inactivity. If you are really concerned, return the monitor to the reseller. Buy a new one directly from the Dell site.