Hi I was wondering if any of you could help me solve my problem before I get my monitor replaced by amazon.
So when I first bought the monitor around a month ago I got the 165 hz to work and overclock but then I disabled overclock for a period of time and now after I reboot the monitor after enabling overclock and setting the hz back to 165 it just resets the monitor back to default factory settings. When it boots or turns on there is a red screen flashed right before you see the dell logo. I've tried everything, nothing seems to work.
List of things tried and didn't work:
Sorry about the rant, I'm a bit salty and stressed from finals and just want to be done with this and have my monitor work again so I can wreck more noobs in overwatch.
Any help is much appreciated.
Assuming that you are using a Desktop computer, if not, let me know.
* Turn the monitor and computer off
* Disconnect EVERY cable from the monitor (including power cable)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 30 seconds
* Open the desktop case
* Disconnect all cabling from the video card
* Remove and reseat the video card in the motherboard slot
* Close the case
* Reconnect the monitor to the video card
* Turn the monitor on, then the computer and retest
Just tried, still same problem. It's also noteful that the monitor flashes a bunch of bright colors now when it's idle and it never did that before.
* Go back to the top of this monitor Forum
* Open the announcement, "FAQ Monitor"
* Read through, "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions"
Once you receive the replacement, test it using the same cabling and video card port.
- If the replacement monitor works, return the original monitor to Dell.
- If the replacement monitor has the same issue, both monitors cannot be faulty. Return the replacement monitor to Dell. The fault has to be with the computer, video card, video card driver, cabling, or some operating system setting.