Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 7th, 2017 04:00

S2418H HDR Problem (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080)

After enabling "HDR and advanced color" in Windows 10 Pro Creators Update my desktop looks terrible. Colors are washed out and fonts are ragged. Also games, that support HDR: Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield 1, Hitman look the same way. They look worse than in SDR mode. I'm using original HDMI cable from monitor package and latest Nvidia drivers. I tried to set different display resolutions 1080p60hz and 2160p60hz and Movie HDR and Game HDR monitor modes with the same poor results. Should I RMA my monitor or is there any way to force it to proper HDR content support, maybe some monitor firmware update?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 7th, 2017 10:00

The S2418H/S2418HX are not designed to allow customers to update/change the firmware. This is why none are listed on the S2418H/S2418HX drivers page.

HDR is a twofold process. You have to change both the Windows Display setting and the monitor Color Preset Modes.

When using the Windows desktop =
* HDR should NOT be On
* Right click on graphics properties and toggle the HDR Off
* The monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Color -Preset Modes should be set to Standard

When using an HDR compliant game or movie =
* Right click on graphics properties and toggle the HDR On
* The monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Color -Preset Modes should be set to Game HDR or Movie HDR
* Then start the HDR game or movie

10 Posts

October 7th, 2017 12:00

This is exactly what I do and sadly my HDR games look worse than in SDR mode. Colors are washed out and dim.I don't know is that due to monitor failure or problems with HDR on Windows platform. Wish I had PS4 Pro, then I could check HDR games on other platform than PC.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2017 07:00

Perhaps you should post on the Nvidia Forum and ask other 1080 users if they are working with an HDR monitor and what issues they are also seeing. Read this thread. Then start a new thread on that Forum listing your specific hardware and issue.

10 Posts

January 26th, 2018 15:00

Is there any difference in picture quality or in input lag? I use my computer for Web browsing and gaming.

10 Posts

January 26th, 2018 16:00

Thanks for help! Now after Windows fall creators update HDR games (released after FCU) look better in HDR mode. The image has higher contrast and deeper colors than in SDR mode. It looks overall better, but I think, that the image sharpness in HDR mode is too strong, maybe that's because the LCD panel is only 6-bit + FRC and real HDR needs true 10 bit panel for smooth color gradients. But maybe I'm wrong.

1 Message

April 13th, 2018 08:00

I tested using both pc and ps4 pro still getting a washed colored image can u suggest u solved the problem??
No Events found!