Mrook
1 Nickel

S2418H, HDR advanced settings in games

In some HDR enabled Windows games there are advanced HDR settings like Max Luminance, HDR white and black point. HDR white point and black point is clear and easy to set up, but I have problems how to set up HDR TV Max Luminance in cd/m2, because I don't know how exactly Dell HDR algorithm works. Should I set it to 400 cd/m2 (~monitor's max luminance) or e.g. 1000 cd/m2 and monitor's Dell HDR algorithm will calculate it for monitor's luminance capabilities and best user experience?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: S2418H, HDR advanced settings in games

Unfortunately, we do receive that depth of HDR setup instruction. Like you, all we have is the HDR data in the User's Guide. I think you are just going to have set and test both and perhaps post the results, games, etc.

0 Kudos
Mrook
1 Nickel

Re: S2418H, HDR advanced settings in games

Thank You for help. For me in most games peak brightness set to 1000 cd/m2 looks the best. Below this threshold there are some ugly, unnatural color stains instead of highlights. Yesterday I measured S2418H's peak brightness in PC HDR game AC: Origins with Lux Meter Android App with my Galaxy Note4's front light sensor. Is it possible that this monitor achieves 560 cd/m2 in "Movie HDR" mode? 

0 Kudos