Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

June 29th, 2020 23:00

S2418HN, won't turn on, #5

My S2418HN is no longer turning on (power LED won't light up / can't get power), and I've tried all of the suggestions on all the threads of others having the exact same issue with the exact same monitor, including using an identical power supply and hard-resetting the monitor.

I'm honestly really surprised and disappointed that this Best Buy monitor has failed on me and apparently many other people as well. I've only bought Dell monitors and have never had one fail on me like this. Also super disappointed to find out that this monitor only has a year-long warranty? What's up with that? Does Dell not stand by its products?

Sure, it's out of warranty on 1/27/19. What do I do now? Just toss this in the trash and find a monitor with more than a measly 1 year warranty?

Purchased from Best Buy 11/15/17.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 30th, 2020 07:00

Shipped to Best Buy on October 27, 2018 using the standard retail 15 month warranty ending on January 27, 2019. Note for this and future monitor purchase, if the S2418HN had been purchased directly from our sales site, it included a 3 year warranty.

* Disconnect all video cable from the S2418HN
* Disconnect the power cable and power adapter from the wall power socket and the S2418HN
* Disconnect the power cable from the power adapter. Wait 2 minutes
* Reconnect only the power cable and power adapter to the wall power socket and the S2418HN
* Try to turn the S2418HN on

* If still no power, first consider replacing the power cable and power adapter. Just search the internet for the Dell 5 digit part number =
K260C Power cable
1XRN1 Delta power adapter
6TM1C Liteon power adapter
9RN2C Chicony power adapter

2 Posts

June 30th, 2020 08:00

I already tried these steps because I've read the previous threads--still doesn't work. I also bought the replacement power cable already and it still doesn't work. Now I am stuck with the cable I paid $40 on top of my already busted monitor.

Do you have any other solutions?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 30th, 2020 09:00

Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor internal components, or have monitor disassembly documentation. Perhaps you could find a local monitor repair store that could disassemble this S2418HN and replace the power board/module. They will need to search for the power board/module on eBay or similar sites.

No Events found!