Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2019 12:00

S2419H, speakers no sound

This a new S2419H for an older PC. I have the S2419H connected from the PC DVI out port with a DVI to HDMI cable. Then connected with an audio cable for sound. But there is no sound from the S2419H speakers. I tried connecting to different jacks on the back of the PC, connected the audio cable to my phone as the input device and played music, but still no sound from the S2419H. I have checked the sound settings and ran the windows trouble shooter for audio and tried updating the drivers. Nothing. Any other suggestions? Or can I assume  the monitor speakers or jack are defective?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 5th, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. Are you using a speaker or headphone on the audio line out port on the monitor? The monitor does not support headphones.

Have you tried connecting an HDMI – HDMI cable?

When you press the 2nd button from the left, do you see the volume icon? Does it respond to an increase or decrease in Volume?

On the OSD menu – Select Audio – ensure that the speaker option is enabled. If that does not work, try resetting audio & check if that helps.

You can check the monitor manual here (page 31)

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

2 Posts

August 7th, 2019 19:00

I discovered that the audio port on the monitor is out only.  I should have paid more attention since I bought it specifically because I didn't want to use external speakers.  So to sum up, this monitor only has an HDMI connection, doesn't support headphones, cannot be connected to a PC via the audio jack.  It does, however, support connection to additional external speakers if you happen to need more in addition to the integrated speakers? Whoo hoo. 

(My PC only had DVI, VGA, and USB2 connections, so HDMI to HDMI is not possible.  And it's not worth it to me to buy a converter.)

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 8th, 2019 07:00

Yes, that is correct. The monitor only has a line out to connect additional speakers & the audio input is through HDMI.

No Events found!