The monitor powers up, the power light (white light) blinks, but the screen produces no display and the monitor buttons are unresponsive. Since the monitor buttons are unresponsive and there is no display, I cannot power the monitor off using the power button, I cannot access the OSD, I cannot run the Self-Test, and I cannot restore the monitor to factory settings. Every once in a while, the back light will light up for a second and then shut back off.
The above occurs whether I have the monitor plugged into a computer or not. When I plug the monitor into a Windows-based laptop via HDMI, the laptop screen begins to flash on and off continually, but the Dell monitor never produces a display. The Dell monitor will show up in the Device Manager, and I can install the S2440L driver, but that didn't help.
I have tried this monitor on two different computers (a Dell laptop and a HP laptop) and the same symptoms occur on both computers.
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect every cable from the monitor (including the power cord)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 15 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Turn the monitor on
* You should see the no cable message. If you do not, the monitor is defective
If you do, proceed with the Built-in Diagnostics
* Looking at the monitor buttons top to bottom, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 down for two seconds
* An all Gray screen appears
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Red
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Green
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Blue
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Black
* Press button 4. The screen changes to White
* The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press the Button 4 again
Thank you for the instructions. Unfortunately, I am unable to turn the monitor off and on with the power button because the buttons on the monitor are unresponsive. The only way I am able to turn the monitor off/on is to disconnect and reconnect the power adapter.
I did run through you instructions and disconnected the cables, held the power button for 15 seconds and then reconnected the power cable. This did not change anything; the buttons on the monitor are still unresponsive, the light on the power button is still blinking, and no display is produced.
Is the blinking power light an indication of anything? For example, does the blinking power light indicate a power supply issue or indicate that the monitor is in a power save or sleep mode? Or is it just an indication that no video source is connected to the monitor?
No idea about blinking. Sounds defective to me. The manual only list three states for the power button LED:
Off = Off
White = On
Amber = On inactive (power save mode)
* Get the monitor exchanged. Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions"