Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2014 21:00

S2440L, unsupported MacBook Air, Both Static & Black Flashing Screen

Serial Number: CN-0C9VNT-74261-486-17AQ

Revision Number: A01

Computer: MacBook Air (Mid-2012)

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Video Out Ports: DisplayPort (Mini connector)

Using: HDMI (monitor) to Mini DisplayPort (laptop)

Issue: When I connect my laptop to my monitor at the default resolution, it flashes between a static screen, a mirrored screen (my computer's default for external monitors) and a black screen, at irregular rates. After searching the forums a bit, I tried changing the monitor's resolution to 720p which stopped the flashing. This however makes all of my windows on the monitor entirely too large and my menu half-disappear off the top of the screen -- not really a solution. I saw no improvement after restoring to factory defaults, trying the self-test, nor irregularities in the screen upon performing the built-in diagnostic. I've tried numerous times to unplug, replug, restart -- none of these things help.

Do I have a defective monitor or is there something else I can try?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2014 09:00

That is not a true DP (DisplayPort). It is the proprietary apple thunderbolt port which we never tested on. The most I can say is that the apple proprietary ports are hit or miss connecting directly to our monitors. Some apple users have mentioned that using a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter has had success. Check their Forum:
discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

apple computer thunderbolt port --> thunderbolt to HDMI adapter --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> S2440L HDMI in port

No Events found!