Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2017 06:00

S2716DG, Color/Shadow Banding and Gradients

Hello. I got this monitor about a month ago.  On arrival, I didn't notice any issues. But in the following week I've seen what people are calling 'color banding' on darker colors and shadows in games and even on desktop. I've tried calibrating, changing the multitude of settings available in the Nvidia Control Panel and I'm out of ideas. I've taken photos of the issue on the monitor and another on my laptop display showing the difference.

http://imgur.com/a/wlkOU

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Everything I've read has pointed to it being hardware revision A04. Older revisions have no issue (going off the word of the internet here so take that how you will). Or do I just have a faulty monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 07:00

We need to see pictures of the BID (Built-in Diagnostics) showing the "banding".

3 Posts

August 4th, 2017 04:00

It doesn't appear in the BID because there are no color gradients. The BID are solid colors and it only appears when there is a gradient.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 4th, 2017 05:00

Replicate the S2716DG issue on another computer and post video of the issue in action. List the complete specifications of both computers =
S2716DG 20 digit serial number
Computer models
Operating Systems
Video cards
Video card ports
Video card ports tested on the S2716DG
Video card driver versions
Cabling used

3 Posts

August 4th, 2017 06:00

I've tried it on 3 different pcs with 3 different gpus. 970, 1060, 1070. Same problem. All Windows 10. I spoke with Dell support and they are sending me a replacement. Thank you for your time and support.

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2017 07:00

Does the new monitor no longer have these problems?

I have the same problem and I read that it was normal?

No Events found!