Highlighted
Hitenkei
Copper

S2716DG, I cannot use DP and utilize GSync

Jump to solution

I cannot use Gsync, I have my monitor connected with HDMI at the moment. Whenever I switch to DP with both hdmi and dp connected the screen freezes, if I restart my pc with only the DP cable connected the screen shows up blank. My GPU is a evga 1080ti ftw3 for reference.

I already disabled power saver mode on the monitor, however when I reboot my pc it still shows the Entering Power Saver mode message. I don't know if that's intended... Help with getting this to work would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: S2716DG, I cannot use DP and utilize GSync

Jump to solution

Using HDMI to the S2716DG, be sure to download and install the latest Nvidia driver. When done, restart the computer.

Read through the S2716DG User's Guide.
Read this.

* Turn the computer and S2716DG off
* Disconnect every cable from the S2716DG including the power cable
* Press and hold in the S2716DG power button for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the DP to DP cable that shipped in the S2716DG box from the computer/video card DP out port to the S2716DG DP in port
* Turn the computer on, then the S2716DG
* Press the S2716DG Menu button
* Go to Input Source
* Check DP
* Exit the Menu. What happens?

0 Kudos
Hitenkei
Copper

RE: S2716DG, I cannot use DP and utilize GSync

Jump to solution

Hi Chris, thanks for the assistance. I did as you suggested and the monitor is now working successfully with display port and gsync.

After turning on my pc it did boot up a black screen again so on the input source menu I checked the option for hdmi (it wasn't connected at this point) then checked display port again.  Hopefully this is a permanent solution and not something I have to do every time I turn on my pc.

0 Kudos