Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2017 12:00

S2716DG, I cannot use DP and utilize G-SYNC?

I cannot use G-SYNC, I have my monitor connected with HDMI at the moment. Whenever I switch to DP with both HDMI and DP connected, the screen freezes. If I restart my pc with only the DP cable connected, the screen shows up blank. My GPU is a EVGA 1080 Ti FTW for reference. I already disabled power saver mode on the monitor, however when I reboot my pc it still shows the Entering Power Saver mode message. I don't know if that's intended. Help with getting this to work would be appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 13:00

The HDMI cable should not be connected if trying to use the DP and G-SYNC?

Read through the S2716DG User's Guide.
Read this.

* Turn the computer and S2716DG off
* Disconnect every cable from the S2716DG including the power cable
* Press and hold in the S2716DG power button for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the DP to DP cable that shipped in the S2716DG box from the computer/video card DP out port to the S2716DG DP in port
* Turn the computer on, then the S2716DG
* Press the S2716DG Menu button
* Go to Input Source
* Check DP
* Exit the Menu. What happens?

2 Posts

October 24th, 2017 08:00

Hi Chris, thanks for the assistance. I did as you suggested and the monitor is now working successfully with display port and gsync.

After turning on my pc it did boot up a black screen again so on the input source menu I checked the option for hdmi (it wasn't connected at this point) then checked display port again.  Hopefully this is a permanent solution and not something I have to do every time I turn on my pc.

1 Message

July 9th, 2018 09:00

really worked for me, thanks

No Events found!