TripleTripe
1 Copper

S2716DG, Nvidia GTX 1080, black "saving mode" screen

I got new S2716DG Monitor, connected Power Cable, Upsteam cable and DP cable. Nnow some info before going in:
When i placed and installed the S2716DG, I got a weird random power stop a pretty short or high volt that make power from wall to stop. Now the S2716DG is connected to DP on monitor and DP on GPU of GTX 1080. Is not help me because I still see "Saving Power Mode no certain connection period". I read some and my motherboard pretty old there is no USB 3.0 connection in the back, only 1 in from for USB stuff not input things. Upsteam USB cable must be on USB 3.0? why is it? Please help me get my new S2716DG working. All I see when PC up and running all good there but black saving mode screen from the monitor. Here some more info:
Power Supply 600W
Memory 16GB
CPU (pretty old should not make a problem) i5-2400
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: S2716DG, Nvidia GTX 1080, black "saving mode" screen

Read through this, "How to Use and Troubleshoot the Dell S2716DG Monitor".

Did you test all of the DP out ports on the Nvidia GTX 1080 using the supplied DP to DP cable?

* Turn the computer and S2716DG off
* Disconnect every cable from the S2716DG including the power cable
* Press and hold in the S2716DG power button for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the DP to DP cable that shipped in the S2716DG box from the Nvidia GTX 1080 DP out port to the S2716DG DP in port
* Turn the computer on, then the S2716DG
* Press the S2716DG Menu button
* Go to Input Source
* Check DP
* Exit the Menu. What happens?

0 Kudos
TripleTripe
1 Copper

RE: S2716DG, Nvidia GTX 1080, black "saving mode" screen

Thanks Chris M, I turned off my PC, plug DP to the right location both on monitor and on GTX GPU and worked perfect.

Thanks again, i'll be happy ask questions if will have.

0 Kudos