Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 23rd, 2017 03:00

S2716DG, USB problem

Reason line = Dell S2716DG USB ports not working and showing into device manager as "unknown device" with no software to update. hardware id being : USB\VID_0451&PID_8142&REV_0100
Keep saying drivers not installed

Body =

* What is the monitor 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
S/N: CN-0Y44M5-QDC00-79F-10HU REV A07

* Was the monitor purchased new directly from Dell? Or from a reseller? Reseller (Bpm-Power.it)

* What specific computer model? Personal Computer

* What operating system? Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

* What specific video card? Zotac 1080 Amp! Extreme

* What video out ports are on the video card? (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DP/mDP)? 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b, DL-DVI

* List all monitor cables and/or adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using. Displayport and usb cable to the motherboard

* Did you install the DDM (Dell Displays Manager) software? If yes, uninstall it, reboot the computer and retest the monitor. Dunno if it's the one included with the dvd but I can't find this application installed

* What Windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off. High Performance, PCI-e always on. No powersaving at all.

* If the monitor is functional in Windows, press the monitor Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display). What is the left Resolution and right Maximum? 2560x1440, 144hz , Normal Mode

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 23rd, 2017 12:00

* Turn the computer and S2716DG off
* Disconnect the S2716DG USB upstream cable from the computer and the rear of the S2716DG
* Turn the S2716DG on, then the computer

* Run the free Intel Driver Update utility and see if it installs any newer or missing drivers. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...". When done, restart the computer

* Once restarted, open the Device Manager and verify that there are no bangs or unknown devices. If NONE, leave the Device Manager open
* Connect the S2716DG USB upstream cable to the S2716DG, then to the computer. Does the Device Manager show new hardware activity?

13 Posts

December 25th, 2017 05:00

Hi thanks for the tips but it doesn't seem to work....

I've downloaded the utility and it says everything is updated

I've tried the first part as well.

It keep showing the 2 unknown devices which has

USB\VID_0451&PID_8142&REV_0100

USB\VID_0451&PID_8140&REV_0100

But I can't find any driver for this.

And that's seems to be the problem.....

13 Posts

December 25th, 2017 06:00

Ah dunno if it's help or not

but the usb ports charge my phone but beside that nothing else

13 Posts

this is built from parts

Mb is an Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

chipset Intel 100 series/C230 Series Chipset Family

the other parts are an I5-6600k,4x4gb g.skill ripjaws 4 2666mhz,Zotac 1080 amp! extreme and a cooler master PSU.

There are both blue 3.0 and black 2.0

I've tried both nothing changed.

Yes I've another ryzen computer at home i'll try to see if it works or not there.

Should I follow some steps or simply plug-in  the monitor and then plug in the usb cable ?

It says that it's impossible to find the drivere for the device and that if I know the manifacturer to check there....

basically nothing.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Personal Computer
* What specific "Personal Computer" model? Is this a "built from parts" desktop computer or an Acer, HP, etc. What specific motherboard and chipset?

* Are the USB ports on the computer blue 3.0 or black 2.0?

* Is there another computer there to test the S2716DG USB on to verify that it works?

* Right click "USB\VID_0451&PID_8142&REV_0100"
* Click "Update Driver Software". What happens?

* Right click "USB\VID_0451&PID_8140&REV_0100"
* Click "Update Driver Software". What happens?

13 Posts

December 25th, 2017 07:00

Hello I've tried to move the monitor to my other computer and there works flawlessly.....

But on the other computer I dunno why the DP port doesn't let monitor just via HDMI.

There with HDMI as soon as i connected my usb key on the monitor usb it recognized it istantly and there are no problems in the device manager as well.

While on my main rig.... nothing to do.

Now at least I can say that monitor work without defects.....

My other rig has win10 LTSB

I'd like to solve this but I will prolly switch to Intel 8th gen rig moving on from this 6th generation

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 25th, 2017 07:00

Correct, just connect the S2716DG video cable to the other computer. Reboot. Make sure the resolution is correct and that the driver is installed. Then connect the USB cable and test.

* I opened Google and searched for, "Asus Maximus VIII Ranger chipset drivers"
* I then opened the second link, "MAXIMUS VIII RANGER Driver & Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA"
* I chose Windows 7 64-bit
* I see two possible applicable drivers for this issue;
Chipset Version 11.7.0.1040
USB Version 1.16.33.1 Beta Version

No Events found!