Highlighted
dleska
Copper

S2716DG, ghosting / white trail

Hi,

I have a problem with my S2716DG when scrolling high contrast text (black on white seems to be worst) - when the text moves, a whiter than background outline is briefly visible for a split second.

I have a GTX 970, Windows 8.1, running at 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz.

Short slow motion video of the issue: 

The monitor has no other issues. Is this normal or is the monitor defective? Are there any settings I can try that would mitigate the problem?

Thanks,

Dusahn

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: S2716DG ghosting / white trail

Open the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others. Do a Factory Reset. Start at 2560x1440 60Hz. Retest. Then test 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz with ULMB enabled in the OSD -Display. Read page 32.

0 Kudos
dleska
Copper

Thanks, with ULMB enabled at 120 Hz the blur is almost eliminated. It's not a perfect solution though as with ULMB the screen is much darker and seems to cause eye strain. It also forces me to switch G-SYNC off to be able to use it which is really inconvenient. After trying to use this setting for a while, I decided to switch ULMB off as overall the experience is worse.

Factory reset also helped a bit as my contrast was turned down. Increasing contrast seems to reduce the blur for some background/foreground color combinations.

0 Kudos

So would you consider this to be a workaround or answer?

Proverbs 4:7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom; Yea, with all thy getting get understanding.

0 Kudos