Highlighted
streetu
1 Copper

S2716DG, turns itself on when UPS is powered on?

Hello,

Recently purchased a brand new S2716DG, it is revision A08, looks like the latest one.

One thing that is bothering me, is that everytime i turn on my UPS, the monitor turns itself on right away.

Deep Sleep is turned off in the options menu and the PC is turned off, and yet the monitor turns itself on if i turn on the UPS.

I usually turn off my UPS at night, i dont leave anything on stand-by.

So, by the looks of it, the monitor can´t be disconnected from eletricity never, because even turning it off using the physical button ON/OFF, doesnt mean is really turned off, since it looks like it reboots when i turn on my UPS on.

This is really strange, because if i really need to leave the monitor connected to eletricity 24/7, someday the eletricity can be off for some reason (bad weather, problem with eletricity, etc), and when the eletricity comes back, the monitor is going to turn itself on and stay on for hours if im not at home.

Never saw anything like this before.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: S2716DG, turns itself on when UPS is powered on?

"every time i turn on my UPS, the monitor turns itself on right away"
* Correct. The User's Guide page 15 states, "Zero power consumption in OFF mode can only be achieved by disconnecting the main cable from the monitor". So by leaving the monitor power cable connected to the UPS, by turning the UPS on, the monitor receives a 0.5w trickle charge. If you want zero power going to the monitor, disconnect the power cable from it. For my notes, send me via Private Message the service tag number.

streetu
1 Copper

0 Kudos

0 Kudos