We need much more data.
* Go back to the top of the Monitors Forum
* Open, "Read this first before posting"
Subject = S2718H monitor
Body = connected to windows 10 pc with GTX 1060 3gb graphic card
* To what computer PC is the monitor attached?
Windows 10 PC
* What video card/GPU is in the PC?
GTX 1060 3gb
* What video out ports are on the video card/GPU or PC onboard video out ports?
HDMI, DP, DVI
* List all monitor cabling attached to the PC and the ports they are using
USB Wireless Mouse Dongle
USB Bluetooth Dongle
* What Windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off
tested and all power plan, still cannot access
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed?
cannot even access the OSD
* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller?
bought it second hand (used)
* For our notes, send us via Private Message the monitor Service Tag number and the 20 digit S/N
Per the sticky, did you disconnect EVERYTHING from the S2718H and hard reset it? Does the BID pass?
okay, i seems to find the problem. i cannot acces the OSD if i plug in the speaker to the monitor. i took it off, and then it's okay. but after i put it back on, i cannot access the OSD. what should i do?
Are you referring to connecting the bottom speaker to the #2 Speaker mini DIN port next to the main power port? Is this an "out of box" issue? Or were you using it for awhile and then the issue appeared?
yes connecting the bottom speaker to the #2 Speaker mini DIN port next to the main power port. correct.
it can be use before, but now seems it's broken already. is there any way to fix this issue?
Short of exchanging the entire monitor, no. Built on June 2, 2017. So 13 months old. Did the seller mention this issue?
the seller show a video, it's working. and i got to try it before purchased it. it's working. not after set it up on my desk and all, cannot access it. can it send/pick up for warranty?