Highlighted
wkullberg
1 Copper

S2719DC, audio via USB ports, 75Hz on MacBook?

Hi,

I have a question about my S2719DC monitor. Currently, I have it connected via HDMI to my MacBook, which doesn't have a USB-C port. In the manual of the monitor I read that the USB 3.0 downstream ports on the monitor only work if you connect to your laptop with USB-C, and they don't work if it is connected through HDMI.

I am going to upgrade my laptop kind of soon though, so then I will connect it via USB-C to the monitor. So if the monitor and laptop are connected through USB C, can I use the USB 3.0 downstream ports on the monitor to connect (and charge) my USB speaker? 

Another problem I currently encounter is that when I change the refresh rate to 75Hz, the monitor doesn't work properly. It seems as if it is connected and working for a second, then disconnects for a couple of seconds, and then reconnect and work for a second again.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: S2719DC, audio via USB ports, 75Hz on MacBook?

wkullberg,

Dell did not test/validate the S2719DC on the proprietary Apple operating system or hardware. We can see on the S2719DC drivers page and also in the S2719DC User's Guide that there is no mention of the proprietary Apple operating system or hardware. You should read through the S2719DC threads on the Apple Forum. If need be, start a new thread out there to get assistance from other Apple users.

* On a Windows PC, if connecting like below, the S2719DC USB 3.0 downstream ports will function =

Windows PC USB Type-C out port --> S2719DC USB Type-C to C cable --> S2719DC USB Type-C in port

* The optimal Hz is 60. Page 10 shows which resolutions are supported when forcing 75Hz.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos