Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2014 00:00

S2740L Monitor stand

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with this query. I bought a S2740L less than a year ago. While I am very happy with the screen itself, I am very unhappy with the base stand. It has a high gloss finish but scratches very very easy. I take really good care of my equipment and am pretty surprised that this expensive monitor stand would scratch so easily. Is there grounds to do anything about this? Can a replacement part be purchased or can the part be returned? Apart from that the screen is great. 

Thanksz

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 07:00

mcdeven,

Dell does not sell or replace just the stand. We do not even have a Dell part number for the stand itself. Even if we did have a stand part number, a customer induced scratch on the stand is not grounds for a stand replacement.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 08:00

HI There,

Thanks for the reply. While it can be said that it is 'customer induced scratch', it still does not take from that fact that it scratches with minimal effort. For me that negates the quality of the materials used in the stand. As I have stated in my OP i take very good care of my equipment. 

Disappointing reply from Dell.

Good day.

No Events found!