Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

October 21st, 2019 10:00

S3219D, Apple iMac Retina, issues upgrading

I have been using an SE2717H as a secondary external monitor on my iMac Retina (late '14) for years without an issue. I recently bought an S3219D to replace the 27" SE2717H and I can't get it to work properly. First, the S3219D will not display consistently. It flashes in and out like it's disconnecting and reconnecting. And second, when the S3219D is connected, there are a ton of red pixels that distort the image. Is this S3219D incompatible with the Apple iMac Retina? Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thanks in advance

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 24th, 2019 09:00

For Dell to troubleshoot, the monitor must be connected using a true Windows operating system computer. You will need to ask Apple users for help with this issue on the Apple Forum. Dell does not provide support of this monitor on Apple operating system and hardware.
* The S3219D driver page only shows Windows drivers
* The S3219D User's Guide only mentions Windows

Also, this S3219D was purchased from a reseller. You have to transfer the ownership of the service tag from them to yourself using the online tool.

2 Posts

October 27th, 2019 13:00

in the control panel, change the resolution to 1280x1024, then see if that helps. question, what resolution was your previous monitor setting that was working and try that on your new unit. make sure that you have the new monitor set for auto resolution before you start testing. it your mac cannot id the new unit, there is no telling what it is putting out, so as I said set it up manually.

hope that helps

No Events found!