Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

April 9th, 2021 08:00

S3221QS, DDM, TESmart KVM switch

I use the TESmart KVM switch together with this S3221QS. Is it possible that DDM does not work through the KVM?

425 Posts

April 9th, 2021 17:00

Yes, that is very possible. The one you have uses buffered "EDID emulators", which means DDC/CI is unlikely to be supported. As a general rule, if the KVM does not explicitly state support for DDC/CI, it does not support it.

4 Posts

April 10th, 2021 00:00

Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to connect the monitor in two ways? Once directly and once via the KVM?

4 Posts

April 10th, 2021 01:00

What is the difference between EDID and DDC/CI?

425 Posts

April 10th, 2021 03:00

@femo wrote:

Is it possible to connect the monitor in two ways? Once directly and once via the KVM?

I am not sure I understand the question, but it may be possible to connect your PC to the S32 via HDMI1 and your KVM, and connect your PC directly to the S32 via DP. Then turn PIP on in the S32 OSD or via DDM, and set the main window to HDMI1, and the subwindow to DP. Finally zoom the main window to fullscreen. DDM will still be able to control the monitor via the DP connection, but you won't have the other features like Easy Arrange unless you tell Windows that the DP monitor in Display properties should duplicate the desktop shown on the HDMI1 monitor.

@femo wrote:

What is the difference between EDID and DDC/CI?

EDID is a bloc of data communicated by the monitor to the PC/host via a data display channel (DDC) protocol; DDC/CI uses an enhanced bi-di protocol for communicating between the monitor and the PC. They use the same physical lines, but DDC/CI is more demanding. For more, see this.

No Events found!