Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

A

10 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 02:00

SE2717H, current input timing not supported

I purchase your monitor SE2717H for my desktop and I can't see my BIOS? The PC starts OK and I can see Windows all is fine.  But, until go into Windows, I don't see my BIOS. My PC motherboard is Gigabyte X370-K5 and I have update to the latest BIOS. I haven't GPU because I have AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU and the only way to connect with my monitor is HDMI. My HDMI cable is very old is that the problem? Is not PC's problem because in my previous monitor, I see the BIOS page.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2018 13:00

* What was the previous model monitor?
* What resolution was the previous model monitor using?
* Was the previous model monitor also connected to the motherboard onboard HDMI out port via that same HDMI to HDMI cable?
* We can see on the SE2717H User's Guide page 11 that the SE2717H can do the lowered resolutions required to see a BIOS, 640x480 and 800x600
* Does the motherboard have a VGA out port to test on the SE2717H in port?

10 Posts

July 24th, 2018 05:00

The previous monitor is "LG 23MP68VQ-P" and have the same resolution.

The only way to connect is with HDMI. I must say than i try to an old Samsung TV (i don' t know real resolution) and to a new 4K TV Samsung again and all works fine. All these connected with cable HDMI 1.3.

I wait a new HDMI 2.0 cable to try again because the previous is to old.

I must say than i connect with gigabyte support and amd support, the answer was the same (if bios works all the other monitors is problem of this monitor).

There something to do with drivers or something else?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Re: SE2717H, current input timing is not supported

10 Posts

July 24th, 2018 05:00

The previous monitor is "LG 23MP68VQ-P" and have the same resolution.

The only way to connect is with HDMI. I must say than i try to an old Samsung TV (i don' t know real resolution) and to a new 4K TV Samsung again and all works fine. All these connected with cable HDMI 1.3.

I wait a new HDMI 2.0 cable to try again because the previous is to old.

I must say than i connect with gigabyte support and amd support, the answer was the same (if bios works all the other monitors is problem of this monitor).

There something to do with drivers or something else?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 24th, 2018 06:00

"and I can see Windows all is fine"
Because the monitor functions perfectly well in Windows which is what is supported here, we cannot exchange it just because the pre-Windows BIOS cannot be seen using HDMI. If you need to see the BIOS for some testing purpose, simply connect another monitor. At a minimum, you should connect the SE2717H via VGA to VGA cable on a different PC and see if the BIOS is shown.

10 Posts

July 25th, 2018 04:00

I don't want exchange it the monitor is very good and work very well, but i wanna solve this bug.

One more think, i download the application with drivers than your site (the same you show and your mail). I install this and clean up and install again but in windows when i go to settings of monitor in monitor say than the driver program build from microsoft is that right?

10 Posts

July 25th, 2018 04:00

I don't want exchange it the monitor is very good and work very well, but i wanna solve this bug.

One more think, i download the application with drivers than your site (the same you show and your mail). I install this and clean up and install again but in windows when i go to settings of monitor in monitor say than the driver program build from microsoft is that right?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Re: SE2717H, current input timing is not supported

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 25th, 2018 06:00

Does the SE2717H appear in the Device Manager? What is the driver date for the SE2717H listed in monitor properties? 

10 Posts

July 26th, 2018 07:00

ok i think that is maybe a problem.

I go devise manager with decmgmt.msc my monitor is as pnp monitor general use and the date of driver is 21/06/2006.

10 Posts

July 26th, 2018 07:00

ok i think that is maybe a problem.

I go devise manager with decmgmt.msc my monitor is as pnp monitor general use and the date of driver is 21/06/2006.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 26th, 2018 09:00

Then the operating system did NOT install the driver.

10 Posts

July 26th, 2018 12:00

Well i install again my drivers, now i have the version 1.0.0.0 by dell for SE2717H/HX.

I change my HDMI cable to a new HDMI 2.0 (high quality). I update my bios version. I wait gigabyte support but i think is not bios problem because i speak with other than have the same problem with other motherboards. All have the same problem with this cpu (AMD RYZEN 5 2400G and AMD RYZEN 3 2200G) have not display in this monitor SE2717H.

Thank you very much about your help, i hope to see a drivers update or something from amd than solve this problem.

Best Regards.

10 Posts

July 26th, 2018 12:00

Well i install again my drivers, now i have the version 1.0.0.0 by dell for SE2717H/HX.

I change my HDMI cable to a new HDMI 2.0 (high quality). I update my bios version. I wait gigabyte support but i think is not bios problem because i speak with other than have the same problem with other motherboards. All have the same problem with this cpu (AMD RYZEN 5 2400G and AMD RYZEN 3 2200G) have not display in this monitor SE2717H.

Thank you very much about your help, i hope to see a drivers update or something from amd than solve this problem.

Best Regards.

45 Posts

September 11th, 2018 01:00

Are you using the dell monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 11th, 2018 05:00

Yes. He stated that he was using the Dell SE2717H monitor. But that his PC (Gigabyte X370-K5, AMD Ryzen CPU) operating system via the Device manager was identifying it as, "PNP monitor", and not as SE2717H. This was after he had installed the correct Dell SE2717H driver.

1 Message

September 14th, 2018 02:00

I found this thread because I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I bought this monitor to accompany a new PC I just finished building hours ago; coincidentally, it happens to be a Ryzen 3 2200G system.

I have the Dell driver installed and the monitor seems to work just fine in Windows. FreeSync is supported, etc.

The issue is that the monitor seems to be misinterpreting the video signal coming from the motherboard pre-OS.

ANY other display functions properly (pre-OS), including all my other Dell monitors.  I own more than a dozen Dell displays and this is a disappointment.  I am tempted to put the SE2717H back in its box and submit a return.

No Events found!