Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2009 06:00

SP2309w webcam unresponsive

Ok, got the monitor yesterday, not greatly happy with the display. I have a Spyder to calibrate it, and its still not really producing colours very well.

Anyway, thats not the problem.

I just cant get the webcam software to work.  Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded latest and installed etc etc.

Camera is working, because if I go to control panel, cameras, its there, and will work in that mode to take stills, and can see it working.

Dell software just always says, "connect a camera" or something like that.

I know its a Creative camera thats just been put in the frame, what would be a good idea is to know what Creative camera it is, so that I can download their software and use that.

Any way to find out what camera it is and if so would it work with Creatives software, cause it certainly doesnt work with Dells software.

toad

January 10th, 2009 13:00

I am guessing there is no way to get this working.

Dell have taken a Creative webcam, added their software, and failed to make it work.  I see lots of people haveing the same problem.

Just wished they had just supplied the creative driver instead of mucking about. Creative is a good company with drivers that work.

Anyone have this working at all?  Havnt even seen a Webcam Manager, only the control centre, and thats non responsive

January 13th, 2009 05:00

tried reinstalling again, but no luck.  It does work with Messenger, but not with supplied software, so guessing it is the software dell is supplying.

Just wish they would put the Creative software up so I could get it to work.  This is service from Dell.  Never again will I buy Dell.

toad

7 Posts

January 27th, 2009 14:00

tried reinstalling again, but no luck.  It does work with Messenger, but not with supplied software, so guessing it is the software dell is supplying.

Just wish they would put the Creative software up so I could get it to work.  This is service from Dell.  Never again will I buy Dell.

toad

Hi,

I have the m6400 BUSINESS laptop and guesss what!

Dell have knobbled the webcam central and webcam manager for all BUSINESS computers, this was confirmed by Dell tech support.

I spent 8 hours trying to get this working, what a waste of time, they should NOT supply software that can not work on their machines!!!

But there is a way around it and that is to use ManyCams 2.3

I hope this helps

Pete

No Events found!