Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2010 13:00

ST2210 Factory Defect-Tech Support confirmed

I have a ST2210 I ordered from Staples, but a month later, I noticed very faint horizontal bars rising from bottom to top of the screen. There's also a darker bar spanning the top of the screen. It can only be noticed on darker images and video and can't be seen on a white screen. I got a hold of Indian tech support, and the tests they told me to run confirm a factory defect and they would call me back in a few days. I called them over 2 weeks ago, and the phone extension he gave me doesn't work.

What should I do? Should I call and go through the voice prompts to get back to tech support?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 21st, 2010 08:00

(Amazon, Nex, aafes, CostCo, Sams, Staples, Walmart) warranty replacement
* Contact Dell Technical Support (800-624-9896). Have them open up DSN and search for 159380
Click the Articles tab
Click Products Sold Through Retailer (Co 09) Policy and Procedure - CTS/DOC
Click Monitor Replacement for Shelf-Stock Purchases
* Provide the following information to the technician
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left:
Reason: List specific failure

2 Posts

April 24th, 2010 21:00

It's the exact information I gave the East Indians, and they said they needed to contact Staples and they would call me in a few days. It's been three weeks with no response. I need help from an American help desk. I have nothing against the Indians, but I need someone who's able to deviate from the script that's taped to the phone. I don't need the run around. I really need results.

And I can't register my monitor because monitors don't have service tags. And from what I gather, Dell absolutely needs a service tag on anything and everything to get any information to verify ownership and warranty. You've been working for Dell for 13 years, you know how to get me some help. You know the rules, and every way to work them to the customer's benefit. I spent too much money on this monitor for customer support to tell me there's nothing they can do that I have to buy a new one. If it comes to that, I will never buy a Dell product again.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 24th, 2010 22:00

The only monitors that have a Dell Service Tag number are the 30" and 27". All others use the Dell Order number to issue an exchange. Incident submitted to create a unique Dell Order number tying you to this monitor. This usually takes 5 business days. Once this is done, I can then setup a monitor exchange. Then, I will send you the new Dell order number and also the monitor exchange number.

No Events found!