Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

May 3rd, 2010 20:00

ST2210 monitor has a constant white screen.

Hello, i've had my Dell ST2210 monitor for a couple months now but it just recently messed up while playing a Playstation 3 video game on it. The problem is that it has a constant white screen from the moment i turn it on, it won't even display the menu when i press the button on the side of it. When i press the lower two buttons on the side the screen will flash black for a second then automatically go back to the constant white screen. This is a problem with the monitor itself, i've hooked it up to three different computers and a PS3 system but nothing will help it to display anything but a constant white screen. I've had this monitor for around two months now, it's been turned on around twenty times for 1-2 hour intervals and i havn't had a problem until now. Also, it was purchased from Amazon. I know i have a one year warranty on this Dell ST2210 monitor because it said so on the Amazon website when i purchased it but a problem stands in my way, i don't know how to go about getting it repaired under the warranty. I need help with this, a simple step by step guide and what information i'll need to provide will make all the difference for me. I know that there's not a Dell service tag on my monitor and i think that's pretty much required for the warranty repair service. Is there any other information that i can provide in place of the Dell service tag to get a warranty repair for my Dell ST2210 monitor? Thanks in advance, i'm really panicking right now with the thought that i'm out of luck and out of my money used to purchase this monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2010 08:00

Read this.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 4th, 2010 06:00

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the computer
* Turn the monitor on
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background. Do you see the issue while in the Self Test mode?

2 Posts

May 4th, 2010 15:00

I have tried to turn on the monitor with only the power cord hooked up but i'm not able to see any dialog box, it's just a white screen at all times and it doesn't go into the power save mode like it did when it was working fine.

I sent a message with all of the the requested information. Thanks.

1 Message

December 21st, 2010 11:00

i have the same problem my monitor turn to white screen

and i ready do unplug the powr cord and plugin and power on an the white screen continuos

we can do to recolve this problem

thanks

1 Message

January 17th, 2011 13:00

I am also having trouble with my monitor.  It works for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes sort of white.  It's like the vertical hold is bad.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 17th, 2011 15:00

Get it replaced.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2012 19:00

The white screen is the monitors built in self test (bist).  It's stuck in bist.  Continously pressing button 4 should get you out of it.  You will note the screen color change to red, then green then black.  When it's black, it's out of bist and should operate normally.

1 Message

May 13th, 2014 10:00

what 4th button 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 13th, 2014 13:00

* Open the Manual:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_Display/dell-st2210b_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

* Read pages 29 and 30

1 Message

January 29th, 2018 06:00

You need to dismantle the screen, this problem is from the screen flat cable, it is either loose or damaged. 

No Events found!