Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2012 05:00

ST2220T Audio Problem.

I bought a new headphone. When I plugged it into my ST2220T Multi-Touch Monitor audio plug, I found the sound extremely small. I first thought that it was the headphone's problem. But then, when I plugged it into the computer's plug, the sound volume went loud as what I expected. I then reset the monitor to the factory defaults, but the problem still occurs. 

What can I set now? Or this is a hardware problem which claiming for the warranty is the only solution?

Thanks and may God bless.

1.8K Posts

September 13th, 2012 06:00

Hi Zhihan Chew,

To provide an appropriate resolution for this, I need some information on the audio connections. Please provide the below requested information:

1. Have you connected the monitor to the computer using a HDMI cable?
2. Have you connected the monitor using a DVI/VGA cable for video and the 3.5mm audio cable from the output port on the computer to the Audio In port on the monitor?
3. Line Out Source selected in the Audio Settings menu?

Please reply to this message with the requested information and your findings.

September 14th, 2012 02:00

1. No.

2. Yes. Yes.

3. Line out source isn't HDMI, it's PC Audio.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 14th, 2012 11:00

Zhihan Chew,

In your testing, you said you plugged the headphones into the audio jack on the computer and the volume was high. You then connected an RCA cord into that SAME jack and the other end you plugged into the ST2220T audio in jack. You then plugged the headphones into the ST2220T audio out jack. During all of this, you also had the ST2220T USB cable connecting the monitor to the computer USB? And the headphone is connected directly without the use of any adapter?

September 14th, 2012 20:00

1. Headphones - Computer (directly) - no problem

2. Headphones - Monitor connected to the computer - volume is slightly reduced.

3. Headphones are not connected - Built-in speaker of the monitor performs well.

4. Headphones - other devices (phone etc. ) - volume is the same as '1.' (no problem).

Thanks for your prompt reply. May God bless.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 15th, 2012 15:00

I think we are all getting confused.

The ST2220T bottom audio jack is only Audio Line-in, not Audio Line-out. See the bottom view decription on this page: http://dell.to/pjjXUL

So you cannot plug headphones into that jack.

September 15th, 2012 19:00

Do you see that audio jack (The little black hole)? That exactly is the jack for headphones, the documentation skips one thing. And there's a 'headphones' icon above the jack, below the three USB on the monitor I bought, again it skips one more thing.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 15th, 2012 21:00

I never knew that was there. When you go into the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Audio Settings, was the speaker volume set to 100?

September 15th, 2012 23:00

Yes. And the problem still hasn't solved.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 19th, 2012 13:00

If you purchased the monitor bundled with a Dell computer, contact Dell Technical Support for your country. If you purchased the monitor by itself, contact Dell Order Support for your country. Provide to them the following applicable data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Dell Monitor Order number:
Dell computer Service Tag number if purchased bundled:
Dell Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:
Dell policy concerning monitor exchanges -
* We cannot choose a specific panel revision to be shipped when issuing a monitor exchange
* If the monitor exchange is setup inside the first 21 days from the invoice date, the replacement will be New
* If the monitor exchange is setup outside of the first 21 days from the invoice date, the replacement will be Refurbished/Used

1 Message

January 4th, 2013 21:00

I have had the exact same problem problem with my ST2220T Multi-Touch Monitor. The sound in headphones through the audio jack on the side of the screen is quieter than expected.

I have connected the monitor to the computer using an HDMI cable. The Line Out Source in the Audio Settings menu is selected to be HDMI. I also have connected the ST2220T USB cable between the monitor and the computer.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this issue? Thank you.

No Events found!