Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2012 10:00

ST2320L Problem

I am having a number of issues:

1. The power, menu, and dell logo do not light up.  This makes it very difficult to see the power button in the dark.

2. In addition, after some time has passed the OSD cannot be brought up and the power button ceases working.  The monitor must be unplugged to be powered down. 

3. Also, after the monitor goes to sleep the, it will not wake.  The backlight will come on, but the monitor will remain black and the OSD cannot be brought up.  I must power cycle the monitor by unplugging it to fix this.

4. Lastly, the monitor will stop playing any sounds at random intervals during movie clips.  In the middle of a video, the sound will simply cut off.  Again the remedy is to power cycle the monitor.

I am using a:

Dell Studio XPS 7100

AMD Phenom II X6 2.6GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5450

6.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 Bit

connected to the Dell ST2320L via HDMI

3 Posts

January 5th, 2012 15:00

Well I would like the hdmi to work properly as it worked properly with the monitor that I was using before.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 5th, 2012 15:00

This all may be HDMI related. Disconnect the HDMI from both the video card and the monitor and test using the Dell supplied DVI cable connecting the monitor DVI to the video card DVI. Then, retest.

No Events found!