Highlighted
gnavrro
Copper

Settings for U3417W to use instead of dual screens

I have the U3417W connected to a Dell Latitude 7480 going through  K17A docking station and using an ancillary keyboard.  Am trying to use the monitor in lieu of dual screens which I have always used, but cannot figure out the correct settings to do so.  I typically always have outlook open, so that the second monitor (or now, half of the screen or second window) displays an email message that I open or web browser.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Settings for U3417W to use instead of dual screens

First, lets agree on the products..

K17A = Is that the Dell WD15 dock?

ancillary keyboard = I assume that is an external keyboard, but connected to what exactly?

0 Kudos
gnavrro
Copper

Yes, WD15 dock.  The mouse and keyboard are connected to the laptop directly with the USB receiver

www.logitech.com/.../wireless-desktop-mk710

0 Kudos

The WD15 supports two FHD monitors at 1920x1080 60Hz. Or a single UHD 4k2k monitor at 3840x2160 30Hz.

Read through these two articles =
How to Use and Troubleshoot the WD15
WD15 User's Guide

You must be sure to install all of the WD15 drivers for your operating system.

Latitude 7480 USB 3.0 --> MK710 Receiver --> Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Latitude 7480 USB Type-C --> WD15 USB Type-C cable

WD15 mDP out port --> U3417W mDP to DP cable --> U3417W DP in port (not the DP out port by the audio port)
-or-
WD15 HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U3417W HDMI in port

0 Kudos
gnavrro
Copper

Can one wide monitor be set up with the WD15 to work as if it was two monitors....displaying the equivalent of two monitors on the one wide monitor?

0 Kudos

Not really. The U3417W User's Guide page 46 does discuss  PBP (Picture by Picture) and PIP (Picture in Picture) which shows a window from a different input source. But not two equal sized monitor screens like you are asking.

0 Kudos