Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2012 03:00

Something Weird on my U2312HM Monitor.

I just found out that there had something on my monitor.

Those circled is the problem and it can't be wiped off using dry cloth. 

October 14th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Please check the video cable
Ensure Video cable is functional/not damaged (broken/bent pins). Reseat monitor data cable (VGA , DVI, HDMI or Display Port).

2. Run monitor self-test and BIST (Built in self test) to test its functionality. Please follow these steps to run Monitor self-test:
- Turn off both your computer and the monitor
- Unplug the video cable from the laptop.
- Turn on the monitor
- The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains white. Also, the dialog shown below will continuously scroll through the screen

(This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged)
Try observing the screen to locate the abnormalities. If such abnormality shows up there is a hardware issue with the monitor and it will need replacement.

3) If you are unsure about the presence of dots during monitor's self test, please run the 'Built in Diagnostics'. You may find the following steps useful:
- Ensure that the screen is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen)
- Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
- On the front panel, press and hold the shortcut key 1 and shortcut key 4 keys on the front panel, simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears
Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities

- Press the shortcut key 4 key on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to red  
- Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, and white colored screens
- The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press the first button again
(If you do not detect any screen abnormalities upon using the built-in diagnostic tool, the monitor is functioning properly)

4. If the test passes, run OSD factory reset
If the self - test passes, connect the monitor video cable back to a computer. If you get a display (even for some time), please follow the steps listed below to reset the monitor settings back to factory defaults.
- Under OSD menu options, please navigate to 'Other Settings'
- Select 'Factory Reset' and re-check

5. If the monitor test passes, run MS Fix-It
Solve Windows display quality issues: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Windows_Display_Quality_Diagnostics/

6. Set the display resolution to 1920 x 1080 (maximum) (Follow the steps listed below)
In Windows 7:
- Right-click on the 'desktop' and click 'Personalization'
- Click 'Change Display Settings'
- Move the slider-bar to the right by pressing and holding the left-mouse button and adjust the screen resolution to 1920 x 1200
- Click OK

Note: If you do not see 1920 x 1080 as an option, you may need to update your graphics driver. (Refer to step 4 if required)

7. If issue still persists, please configure the monitor's 'Refresh Rate' at 60 Hz (Follow the steps listed below)
- Click the 'Start/Pearl' icon
- Click 'Control Panel'
- Click 'Appearance and Personalization' > ''Personalization' (Windows 7)
- Click 'Display Settings'
- Click 'Advanced Settings'
- Click 'Monitor' tab
- Select 'Refresh Rate' as 60 Hz
- Click 'Apply'
Note: If you don't apply the changes within fifteen seconds, the refresh rate will revert back to your original setting

8. Re-install Video Card driver
If the issue still persists, the video card drivers in your computer may be corrupt. They may need re-installation.

Do reply with the findings. I would be glad to assist.

10 Posts

October 14th, 2012 08:00

Noted.

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response. Please keep me posted with the results. Glad to assist.

10 Posts

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

It was some dirt.

I just wiped it off by using water + microfibre cloth.

October 18th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Glad to know the issue is fixed. I was anticipating something within the display or the video card; Using liquid to wipe off the marks was a good idea. Apologies for missing out on that one; should have explored that possibility.

No Events found!